Integrate the Custom URL Shortener into your services for free.
(This article is for Registrars ONLY)
Since now domain names where employed quite exclusively for websites/blogs and emails. Today there is a third way: Domain names can be used to create Branded links.
Branded links, also known as custom short URLs or vanity URLS let you short long and ugly URLs and obtain a short, customised and cool link that include your brand and a keyword. Learn more about the power of Branded Links
This is a great opportunity your customers to improve their brand visibility and maximise the links they share. And it's also a great opportunity for every registrar to offer an innovative and useful service for free.
Offering the possibility to create Branded Short URLs does not only improve customers satisfaction but is a way to up-sell additional domains.
The integration is free for you and for your customers.
How to integrate Rebrandly as an additional service for your Customers.
Step A -> Register/choose the domain name:
- On your website the customer need to register a new domain, or choose a domain he/she already registered. (Note: he can also decide to use a subdomain (third level domain)).
Step B -> Setup DNS:
- Once your customer decide which domain (or subdomain) he wants to use to create branded links your system needs to setup the DNS.
- CASE #1 SECOND LEVEL DOMAIN, eg.: mydomain.com Setup DNS like that:
- A record: Hostname @ points to 220.127.116.11
- CNAME: Hostname * points to registrar.dedicated.domains
- CASE #2 THIRD LEVEL DOMAIN, eg.: link.mydomain.com Setup DNS like that:
- CNAME: Hostname link points to registrar.dedicated.domains
Step C -> Create a new record inside Rebrandly:
- Now you need to communicate to Rebrandly which domain will be used. For that just send the customer to Rebrandly website using the following parametric link:
- firstName [not mandatory] = the first name of the customer
- domain [MANDATORY] = the second (or third) level domain chosen by the customer
- ref [not mandatory] = is the name of your registrar
Attention: parameters are CASE SENSITIVE.
Step D -> Verification:
- After the domain has been added Rebrandly verify periodically if the DNS has been propagated correctly, When done the system verify the domain and send a confirmation email to the customer.
More info and Co-Marketing
After the integration is live you may want to contact us, our marketing team will evaluate the possibility to co-promote your integration with our community using our marketing channels: Blog, AppsPage, Twitter, Newsletter and many more.
For any additional info please contact us
Tech info, marketing material, info about branded links and branded domains.
This article is about:
- Branded domains for registrar
- Integrate your domain names with a custom URL shortener
- Domain names alternative services
- Registrars upselling opportunities
- Registras integrations