To transfer a domain start the transfer procedure in your domain provider dashboard. They will ask you for the "transfer code". To know what is the transfer code for a domain registered with Rebrandly send a request to domains [at] rebrandly.com
IMPORTANT: the email for the transfer code should have the email you use to login in your rebrandly account as sender. This is important for security reasons.
Please do not purchase domains from Rebrandly with the intention of using them to host a main website.
If this is your goal, there are plenty of great companies that can help you much better than we can. We are setup to register domains specifically for custom URL shortening purposes.
Once registered, a new domain, could take several days before you will be able to transfer it from a domain provider to another. This time vary from TLD to TLD. So pay attention to the fact that once a domain has been registered with Rebrandly you could not be able to immediately move it to another domain provider.
This article is about:
- Transferring my Rebrandly-purchased domain
- Hosting a website on my URL shortener domain
- Changing the DNS of a Rebrandly bought domain
- Where do I go to configure my DNS? (for non-Rebrandly bought domains)
- Redirecting/Forwarding Your Main URL Shortener Domain