Unlike traditional web links that bring users to your website, deep links allow you to send those users to a particular piece of content or product directly within your mobile app. Anyone who doesn't have your app installed will be automatically redirected to the App Store or Google Play Store and prompted to download it.
Create a seamless user experience for your existing app users and drive new app installs with this advanced feature for your branded links. Read on to learn how to configure your apps and create deep links from your branded links.
How to Create a Deep Link Rule
- Once you've created a link, click "Add options". If you wish to add a deep link rule to a link you created previously, just click on that link and follow the same step.
- Open the dropdown menu next to the platform you want to create the rule for and select the preferred devices. Note that for any given branded link, you can only create one deep link rule per platform.
- In this view, paste in the app install URI. This is the app's specific URL in the Play Store or App Store. Rebrandly will fetch the app configuration title and API URI scheme for you. It's your responsibility to ensure that the API URI Scheme is correct (our system cannot guarantee that the information is fetched correctly, so if you're unsure, please verify it with your development team or check the Play Store/App Store). Once fetched, you can edit the form or click "Next".
- Previous apps' URLs are available in the dropdown menu.
- The URI scheme will trigger the app to open when someone clicks on a link with a deep link rule configured. In the following box, you need to add the command for this specific rule. Furthermore, you can give the user one of three fallbacks provided when the app is not installed as per the following:
- App Store/Google Play Store only: The end-user will be redirected to the relevant market store.
- Landing page (example): A page containing information about the app, links to continue navigating to the fallback provided in the rule, and a link redirecting the end-user to the relevant market store. A fallback URL is required for this option.
- Mobile page only: A simple redirect to a web page when the app is not found. A fallback URL is required for this option.
- Click "Save" and your rule will be created. When you view the link details, you will see the deep link rule associated. This can be removed at any time.
Configure a new app at workspace level (API use):
You can also add/configure new apps at workspace level. This will allow all authorised members of that workspace to create deep link rules by selecting the preconfigured app. This is also necessary to set up when you want to create deep links via API. See more info on this in the Rebrandly developers hub.
- Log in to your Rebrandly account and navigate to the workspaces tab. You'll need to configure each app at workspace level, meaning that if you want to create deep links for the same app in multiple workspaces, you'll have to repeat the configuration process for each related workspace.
- Click on the workspace you want to configure an app for. If you have this feature enabled, you'll see "0 apps configured"
- Click "Configure a new app"
- Select Android or iOS
- Paste in the app install URI. This is the app's specific URL in the Play Store or App Store. Rebrandly will fetch the app configuration title and API URI scheme for you. It's your responsibility to ensure that the API URI scheme is correct (our system cannot guarantee that the information is fetched correctly, so if you're unsure, please verify it with your development team or check the Play Store/App Store).
- Click "Create" and your app is configured. Now you're ready to create deep link rules! 🚀
This Article is About
- Deep Links
- Branded Links and Deep Links
- Rebrandly Deep Linking Feature
- Url shortener deep links