The ability to edit the destination URL of a link is only available with custom branded domains. It is not available for any links created with the "rebrand.ly" domain.
This means that after you create a new link using the generic domain rebrand.ly, you will not be able to edit/change the URL this link directs to. This restriction is only in place for the domain "rebrand.ly". So if you use custom branded domain for creating links, you can edit them any time you want.
The rebrand.ly domain is offered to all Rebrandly subscribers for free as a test domain name. We recommend every one to use custom branded domains. These domains can be your spare domains as well. So if you have a spare domain, you can set it up with Rebrandly and can use that as custom branded domain for creating links.As a general rule, you should not use a generic domain name to shorten your links. Take a look at the following video to understand all the advantages of branded links.
Rebrandly actively maintains redirects for billions of links. Many of these links are associated with our generic domain name "rebrand.ly", and used by hundreds of thousands of customers. Using custom domain names for your branded links instead of a generic domain name is a best practice. This will immediately:
- Increase the deliverability of your links - especially if you use them in emails, social media, and SMS
- Increase the click-through rate by up to 39%
This Article is About:
- Branded link click-through rate
- Branded link CTR
- Branded links vs generic links
- Vanity URLs
- Custom short URLs
- 39% click-through rate with branded links
- Change destination URL
- What is a branded link?
- Video: Short URLs or branded links - Which are better?
- How to brand links and share them with Rebrandly
- How to change your destination URL
- What is CTR?