A branded link is simply a short link – a shorter version of a URL you want to share online built around a brand name or related term. It is also known as a Vanity URL.
Unlike default shortened links (like buff.ly or goo.gl) brands these days prefer to use a link that incorporates their name, associating themselves with the content they share, reinforcing brand awareness and increasing their brand recognition.
Other Examples: davide.link/CV or Yourname.marketing/Awesome-Blog-Post or MrPencil.news/Scoop
Branded Links are made up of three elements
With just one single short branded link (also known as custom short URL or vanity URL) you can send three important messages in one shot:
- Show your brand
- Show what if your job/activity about or what you care of
- Show what is the link for
- What is a Custom Short Link?
- What is a Vanity URL?
- How to Create a Branded Link
- Blog: What is a URL shortener?
- Blog: What is a Branded Link
- Video: Short URLs or branded links?
This article is about:
- What is a branded link
- Elements of a Custom Short URL
- Benefits of Branded Links
- Vanity URL and Branded Links