Domain activation rates vary depending on the service which the domain is connected to. When connecting a domain to a branded link the activation rate is 72.5%.
What is Domain Activation?
Technically "activated means" that the domain name has been added to the zone file and that nameservers have been linked to the domain name, however, this does not mean that the domain name is being used as such.
In practice, a domain is active (currently used) when connected to an active service of any kind mainly a website, blog or email address.
Parked domains should not be considered as active.
Why Use Domains?
- The purpose of domain names is to bring users to an IP address without the need to remember the IP. Much like calling a contact in your phone rather than remembering a phone number.
- A domain is purchased in order to connect it with a website, blog or email address.
- Domains are purchased for the purpose of protecting a brand name or idea while a website is being created.
- An often overlooked way to use domains is to connect it with a branded link.
When connecting with branded links the domain can be connected to Rebrandly instantly and for free.
More on Domain Activation Rates
*Website & Blog figures estimated by calculating average of 25%-51% according to conversations with top registrars. Email figure based on assumption that 1 in 3 domains are connected to email.
- From speaking with some of the biggest domain Registrars and Registry we have found that domain activation after purchase can range from 25% to 50% in best cases. This number depends on the Top Level Domain in use.
- This means that of all the domains purchased only 25%-50% are being connected to a service of any kind.
- Domain activation when using a branded link service such as Rebrandly is around 75.25%.
- A branded link domain is considered active when it has been used to create one or more branded links.
This Article is About:
- Branded Domain Activation Rate.
- Domain names activation rate
- What is Domain Activation?
- Domains activation stats
- How to activate a domain name
- What does active domain mean?
- How many domain names are relly used?
- What is a Branded Custom Domain?
- Purchase and register a New Branded Domain
- Most used TLD for domains worldwide (external website link)