A Vanity URL is a completely customizable short branded link. Vanity URLs are used as a substitute for long ugly URLs or unrecognizable generic short URLs.
They differ from Generic Short URLs provided by services like Goo.gl and Ow.ly as their short links do not include the brand name of the person creating the link.
For example, our FAQ on 'What is a Custom Short Link' does not need to be shared as:
It can be changed to:
This gives a clear indication of the owner of the link and where this link is leading you which will improve your link trust and increase your click through rate by 39%.
A Vanity URL works by giving the user complete control to customize each section of their link. The user decides on their Domain Name, TLD and URL Slug.
- What is a Branded Link
- What is a Vanity URL
- Benefits of Using Vanity URLs
- What is a Custom Short Link
- How to Create a Branded Link
- Blog: Branded Links vs Short Links
- Blog: What is a Branded Link
- Blog: What is a Vanity URL
This Article is About:
- How vanity URLs work
- Vanity URLs
- How to Create a Vanity URL
- Branded Links
- 3 Elements of a Vanity URL