This article will guide you through how to import/create branded links in bulk using a Google Sheet on Google Drive.
Get the extension
Go to your Google Sheet, on the top row under your heading you will see 'Add-on' click this to reveal the drop-down menu. On this list click on 'Get Add-ons' where you can download and install the sheet extension.
Alternatively, you can click Rebrandly.live/SheetExtension to bring you directly to the download.
Once installed the extension will be found in the new item in the ‘Add-ons’ menu. You will now be able to transform every Google Sheet Spreadsheet into a 'Rebrandly Bulk Links Tool'.
Click on ‘Make this a Rebrandly Bulk Links sheet’
Be careful: All data on your current sheet will be deleted so be sure to open a new blank spreadsheet to perform this task.
Once the process starts you can see the sheet transforming adapting it for the link creation.
The very first thing to do is to provide your API key, you can find it hereYour API key will be copied into the sidebar menu which will also automatically populate your domain name(s).
Attention: In order to use this addon, you must have registered or setup at least one branded domain, go here to register one.
There are four important columns:
(1) Destination Links (2) Slashtag (3) Title/Description (4) Shortened
The first three are used to collect data and create the short link, the fourth will display the created short URL.
Between the three columns, only Destination Links is a mandatory field, the other two, Slashtag and Title/Description, are optional.
- Destination Links: URL to be shortened
- Slashtag: the Slug/Keyword after '/' in your link: (e.g Domain.xyz/Slashtag) must be unique. If you do not specify a Slashtag, one will be generated at random
- Title/Description: Description of your link this will only be visible on your Rebrandly dashboard
Once you insert the destination links and are ready shorten them, just select the rows and click ‘Rebrand selected rows’, to begin the shortening process.
Info: You aren’t required to fill in all of the fields for each batch of links; the system recognizes the data provided for each link and will create the relative short URL regardless.
Important: if you shorten a link which has already been shortened, the system will overwrite the old short URL with your new one.
- Expected Speed of Process: The process of link creation is quite slow, the process depends on the limited computational power that the add-on has, so it's perfectly normal for every interaction on the sheet (API key insertion, short link creation) to take up to few seconds.
- URL validation: The Destination Link only accepts destination links, any other value is not accepted and therefore refused by the sheet.
- Http/s: If you don't provide a protocol for the Destination Link 'Http' is assumed
- Errors: Every error relative to the creation of a short URL is shown in the relative row on the 'E' column
- Zapier: Creating Branded Links in Bulk
- Rebrandly API: create custom short URLs in bulk
- Download Bulk Links Creation Google Sheet Addon
This Article is about:
- Bulk Branded link import
- Import custom short links
- Import of links from a Google Spreadsheet
- Import/create branded links in bulk
- Google Sheet and Rebrandly