In this article, I will show you how to automate the creation of Buffer content when a Branded Link is created on Rebrandly. This will be done through an application called Zapier.
Zapier is an online automation tool that allows users to connect two or more apps in order to automate repetitive tasks. Users can create a workflow whereby one target can trigger an action on another platform.
I will show you how to use the capabilities of Zapier to detect the creation of a Branded Link and push it to your Buffer content queue.
The Zap has already been created with prepopulated answers.
- Click on 'Use this Zap'
- You will be redirected to a welcome page explaining the purpose of the task.
Continue by clicking 'Create this Zap'
- The Trigger is already set to 'New Branded Link', click 'Continue'
- You will be asked to select a Rebrandly account
- Zapier will synchronise to your Rebrandly links base, you need to have at least one link on your Rebrandly account, just click 'Fetch & Continue'.
- If everything is OK your test will be successful, continue
- The next part of the automation will be to include Buffer. The action is already present just click 'Add to Buffer' then 'Continue'
- Connect your Buffer account
- Choose your Buffer profile, the text is already prepared, you can change it if you wish
- Create and continue to test
- Don't forget to activate your Zap!
This Article is about:
- Branded links in Buffer
- Create Buffer messages from custom short URLs
- Zapier and Rebrandly