Zapier is an online automation tool that allows users to connect two or more apps to automate repetitive tasks. Users can create a workflow whereby one target can trigger an action on another platform.
In this article, we will see how to perform a bulk creation of Branded links from a Google spreadsheet.
We are going to use the power of Zapier to create a new row insertion in a Google Sheet in order to simulate a Bulk Branded link creation.
- Create a new Google Sheet from your Google Drive account
- Use the first row of the file as heading for the column
- Fill the second row with mock data in order to test the Zap, be sure that the destination URL has ‘http://’ or ‘https://’ inside.
- Ensure you have an invitation to use Rebrandly App on Zapier. If you do not have an invitation please click this link - Rebrandly.com/apps/zapier
On the Zapier Application
- Click on ‘Make a Zap’ button
Now we are going to fill the Trigger part.
- Choose ‘Google Sheets‘ from the list of applications
- Select ‘New Spreadsheet row’ from triggers list
- Connect your Google Drive account
- In the ‘Spreadsheet’ drop-down menu, choose the file we previously created on your google sheet
- The ‘Worksheet’ option should be ‘Sheet1’ unless you change it
- Click ‘Continue’ and ‘Fetch and Continue’, a test will be performed to check everything is fine.
Now that the trigger part is complete, let's continue with the action to the Branded link creation operation.
- Choose Rebrandly from the application list (if you cannot see it you have not accepted the invitation)
- Choose ‘Branded Link Creation’ from actions list
- Connect your Rebrandly account. If you are already connected with Rebrandly you should not be asked for any password
- Fill the form for the Branded link creation, be sure you don’t choose the ‘Content’ field from the dropdown menu but the other options
- It is also important to choose the domain on which the Branded links will be created (it will be the same for all the links).
- For any field, you fill in, be sure to respect the constraints, e.g.: Slashtag doesn’t accept punctuation characters and has to be unique between all links if you have any doubt leave the field empty.
- Click ‘Continue’ and ‘Create and Continue’
A test will be performed to ensure everything works.
If you go to your Rebrandly account you can see the new branded link. Lets 'Finish' the Zap and remember to switch it ON. You can also have to give it a name.
Now that we have created the Zap lets populate the Google Spreadsheet with our links.
You can copy and paste from another excel file if you have one or you can choose the import operation. Be sure to add new links AFTER the second line. If you are importing data from another file be sure to check ‘Append rows to current sheet’.
This Article is about:
- Bulk Branded link creation
- Import custom short links
- Import of links from a Google Spreadsheet
- Zapier and Rebrandly
- Branded Links
- Automating repetitive tasks