How To Create Custom Short Links on Facebook
Facebook is the most popular social media platform globally. When posting on Facebook you can use Branded links (aka Custom Short URLs or Vanity URLs) to share content and increase your click-through-rate by up to 39%.
You can also make a vanity URL for your Facebook page itself whether it's a personal or business page. These links would look something like: BrandName/FB. These links can be used for online and offline promotional materials like packaging, flyers or business cards. Read this article for more info.
The image above shows the Rebrandly Chrome Extension in action with Facebook
In order to create a branded link on Facebook please first ensure that you are logged into a Rebrandly account.
With Google Chrome Browser
The video below shows you how it works.
With other browsers
If you're using a browser other than Chrome then creating vanity URLs (custom short links) for Facebook is still extremely straight forward. Just download the right extension and you are ready to go!
With Firefox: Firefox Browser extension info
With Safari: Safari Browser extension info
With Intenet Explorer, Opera and other browsers: Rebrandly bookmarklet
This Article is About:
- Creating a branded link on Facebook
- Creating a custom short link on Facebook
- Creating a Vanity URL on Facebook
- Facebook And Rebrandly Integration
- Linkedin: How to Create Branded Links
- Create a Short Link for All Of Your Social Media Channels
- How to integrate Linkedin with Rebrandly (on Zapier)
- Extension: Automatic Link Detection